Here are a few main points to know about proposing your art for The Wall:
- The studio has all sorts of folks pass through its doors, but the majority are kids under the age of 14. Please be mindful of this when submitting your work for consideration. We reserve the right to decline any art which does not adhere to our guidelines (specs can be found in the Artist Agreement). Submissions should be appropriate for all ages and feature no overtly offensive material or images. Basically, the art should be something you'd be comfortable showing your five year old or your grandma.
- Online submissions are preferred. But if your art is hanging elsewhere around town, feel free to include that info as well. There is no guarantee that we'll be able to swing by and view it in person, but we'll definitely try.
About "The Wall"
- The art wall is exposed brick, approximately 17' long and 12' high. You are responsible for affixing your art to the wall, via nails into the mortar or lightweight picture hanging devices. Each art piece should not exceed 25lbs.
- Price tags do not like to stick to The Wall, so you'll want to figure out a way to display each piece's name/price/info via other means (ex.- suspended from the art itself).
- We welcome originals as well as prints. If you'd like to hang originals and sell the prints, let us know.
- Once the artwork is up you'll meet with our event coordinator to decide on a date for your opening, discuss the specifics of the event, and so forth. The opening should occur within 2 weeks of the initial hanging. There are catering options available or the event can be BYO.. those details are yours to decide.
- We promote each new artist via our website and social networking sites, email to our mailing list, and on our sandwich board outside the space.
- The legalese for this is in the Artist Agreement, but in short, In Tune Studio cannot be held liable for anything that happens to your art while it is in/at/around our space. Luckily the folks that come to In Tune respect art and creativity (or they wouldn't be coming in the first place) but still we have to underscore the point "hang at your own risk".
- You can sell your art at whatever price point you like. We do not take a percentage of the sales of originals or large pieces, nor are we willing to sell those for you- if someone is interested in purchasing those we'll put them in direct contact with you.
- Should you choose to sell prints/smaller pieces, we ask for 10% of the total sales of these items.
Thank you for your interest in bringing your art to The Wall! We look forward to working with you.